Prom night is your no less than your personal walk down the red carpet or equivalent of fashion show or the Oscars, and at this important moment you just want look no less than perfect.
This means you have to take care of everything that?s part of your look, that?s entire ensemble from make up that includes pedicure, manicure, hairstyle, accessories like purse, shoes, jewelry and the most important of all is your prom dress as it is the main highlight, everything else need minor detailing.
Tips for Selecting Prom Dresses
- The most important aspect of selecting a dress is comfort, are you comfortable wearing a particular dress, does that dress fits you; even though a dress looks great you should try and these two questions as later you might regret buying a dress that is a misfit or you are not comfortable with.
- Try and select a dress that reflects you, your style. You can select a prom dress from varied styles like two piece prom dress, long prom dresses, short prom dresses and many are there, and it is just the matter of your choice ? and more so your style.
- Color of your prom dress is a very important factor for selecting a dress, black is considered be the favorite in prom, but my suggestion would be select a color that suits your skin tone and a color that you are comfortable wearing and it also serves one more purpose you will be any other prom girl in crowd.
- Don?t go overboard with the thought of trying to get distinguished from crowd because in the end you might end up out of the crowd, try to select a dress that really not loud, I think that says it all.
- Don?t hesitate to visit other dress section like cocktail or so if you were not able to find your perfect dress in prom section, you never know what you will end up in these sections.
Tips for selecting Accessories
- Selecting accessories is another important task, as accessories complement your dress. So if your dress is little sober or understated you can use can make it look more exiting by adding interesting accessories, If you have a glam gown with lots of sequins, beads, color, etc., go easy on accessorizing.
- A purse or a clutch is a must, as it adds extra character in your presence. Anything beaded, sequined, or jeweled is perfect.
- Jewelry completes the look, select ear rings or rings or necklace based on your dress again, as jewelry is to compliment your dress like with a boat or halter neckline, forgo the necklace and don pretty earrings, bracelets, and/or rings. With a strapless or skinny-strap style, you can go with a simple choker or drop necklace. A deep V neck is stunning with a long plunging lariat or short delicate choker.
Tips for selecting Shoes
- Shoes are a major factor in your look, Heals are in, but if you?re not comfortable with it flats are an alternative, totally depending on your comfort, because you don?t want to be walking in pain on that most important event. Color of your shoe must be complimenting your prom dress and style.
- Certain prom dress requires certain shoes. If your dress is short, low to medium-high heels are best. Low kitten heels to medium-high are great with mid-length skirts. Something ankle-length requires funky mules or backless heels. A floor-grazing gown is best with open-toe sling backs or stilettos.
So start your prom preparations by buying prom dresses.